The second annual Play Fair public celebration of play and entertainment for all ages returns to the Javits Center this weekend, Nov. 4-5. The immersive, experience-rich event nearly triples in size compared to last year, providing more than 30,000 families and fans with an action-packed weekend of play in an expanded 230,000 square feet of space.
Play Fair’s immersive, experience-rich event features Spin Master and Toys “R” Us as presenting sponsors. In addition, the event features the Toys “R” Us Main Stage, hosted by Greg T from the Elvis Duran Morning Show; a brand-new activity stage, showcasing STEAM programming and interactive panel sessions; greater hands-on exhibits and demonstrations; awe-inspiring displays; talent appearances and meet & greets; two dedicated screening rooms; engaging programming; and more than 75 new and beloved toy and entertainment brands. At Play Fair, attendees can feel, touch, and take home their favorite toys and games—and be the first to glimpse the toys of tomorrow.
- Larger-than-life play experiences, stage activities, and consumer challenges, including a Minecraft VR station, a NERF Arena, an augmented reality Ben 10 experience, builders demos with Magformers, an ALEX SPA experience, giant LEGO brick piles and race ramps, live product unboxings, Jedi Training with empire Saber Guild, a Shopkins fashion show, and so much more!
- Celebrity guests, including Mindy Thomas, co-host of NPR’s “Wow in the World,” the Radio City Rockettes, Crafty Carol, authors of Peg + Cat Jennifer Oxley and Billy Aronson, Buddy the Elf from ELF the Musical, WWE Superstar Big Show and WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan, YouTube stars The Engineering Family, and more!
- More than 70 exhibitors including Cartoon Network, Hasbro, K’NEX, LEGO, Nickelodeon, Midtown Comics, ALEX Brands, Moose Toys, Maddie Rae’s Slime Glue, LeapFrog, The New York Doll Company, Snazaroo, Candlewick Press, VTech, Kvellix Inc., and WowWee.
- GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS attempt by 12-year-old slime glue entrepreneur Madison Greenspan of Maddie Rae’s Slime Glue. Join Madison as she and her team attempt to make over six tons of slime!
- Exciting photo opportunities with talent and costume characters from PAW Patrol, Rusty Rivets, PJ Masks, Shimmer & Shine, Toys “R” Us’ Geoffrey, Ben 10, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Peppa Pig, SpongeBob SquarePants, LeapFrog’s Scout & Violet, Shopkins, and more!
- Free giveaways and contests with The Toy Insider at booth #138!
During the Media & Industry Preview Night on Friday, Nov. 3, The Toy Association will also unveil the finalists for the 2018 Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards. Known as the “Oscars” of the toy industry, the TOTY awards program supports children in need by serving as a critical fundraising event for the Toy Foundation, while recognizing the top toys of this holiday season.
Play Fair will be held in four sessions:
Saturday Morning: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET
Saturday Afternoon: 3 to 7 p.m. ET
Sunday Morning: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET
Sunday Afternoon: 3 to 7 p.m. ET