It’s time to talk Turkey, and I’ve got a simple and sweet way to add a little fun to your holiday table this season: Make Turkey Pop place cards!
Halloween usually leaves us with a lot of candy, so I dig through and pull out all of the Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops to use for this fun, holiday craft, which can be made in less than five minutes!
Turkey Pop Supplies
- Lollipops (Tootsie Pops and Blow Pops work best)
- Gold tissue paper
- String, yarn, or ribbon
- Red marker
- Brown marker
- Cut your tissue paper into a square. About 4 inches by 4 inches is a good size.
- Make the shape a diamond, and then place the lollipop stick in the bottom. Cover the stick by wrapping it with string, yarn, or ribbon.
- Add your eyes, a smile, and a little giblet using the red and brown markers.
- Cut your feathers. This is the fun part because everyone can make their own designs!
- Write your name on the top of the feathers.
- Add some tape, and attach your turkey pop.
- Place your turkey on the table as a place card.
What makes this such a fun craft for the holidays is it’s something that both young and old family members can do together, and it adds a little fun to the table. Plus, the supplies are usually things you already have around the house. Don’t forget you can also Turn your Toilet Paper into a Pumpkin! Alternatively, you can make your Turkey Pops into Angel Pops! Just add angel wings instead of the turkey feathers!
Have fun crafting for the holidays!