Looking for some of the coolest new tech toys for the kids in your life? Toy Insider Mom Laurie Schacht stopped by NBC Chicago’s Tech Trends to talk about the hottest new tech toys on the market. For more on the items featured in this segment, check out the product notes below, and for our complete rundown of the best gifts for the season, check out our Spring and Summer gift guide.
- This groovy MOOD LED Glowing Bluetooth Sing-Along Speaker includes a free Singing Machine Kids music app, one wired youth microphone and second mic jack for duets, echo control for voice effects, and multi-colored glowing LED lights that also function as a nightlight.
- AC adapter included, optional operation with 8 “C” batteries (not included).
- Age: 6+
- MSRP: $49.99
- Available: Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart
3DOODLER START HEXBUG MAKE YOUR OWN MICRO ROBOTIC CREATURES PEN SET AND ACTIVITY KIT (3DOODLER)
- Kids love HEXBUG! Kids love creating with 3Doodler Start! Now kids can make their own eccentric-looking HEXBUG creatures that behave like real bugs.
- Doodle your bug’s body and legs using the insect themed DoodleMold to create your very own pet insectoid, then let it crawl around to explore its environment, conquer obstacles or race your friends.
- Part of the 3Doodler Start STEM Series, this set fosters STEM learning by allowing kids to design and experiment with different robotic structures.
- Age: 6+
- MSRP: Pen Set $59.99, Activity Kit MSRP (without pen) $24.99
- Available: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Michael’s
DRONE FORCE HOVERING HORROR (ALPHA GROUP US)
- Spooky spectre in the palm of your hand.
- This drone is easy to fly with stable and intuitive flight control.
- It is safe and strong, meant to survive crashes and bashes.
- It is lightweight and safe for indoor use.
- 50 foot range.
- Age: 8+
- MSRP: $14.99
LASER X MICRO (NSI INTERNATIONAL)
- Laser X – the ultimate high-tech game of tag – just got a lot more portable! Introducing Laser X Micro Blasters – small 5-inch blasters that deliver big fun. Micro Blasters feature state-of-the-art lighting and sound effects that bring the excitement of a laser tag arena right to your own backyard. Strap a receiver onto your upper arm, and blast opponents up to 100 feet away. Reloading is easier than ever; Just press and hold the trigger.
- Micro Blasters are designed to work WITH all other Laser X equipment, not instead of other gear. They’re particularly great for playing games on-the-go.
- Blasters feature pinpoint accuracy up to 100 feet – and work both day and night.
- Blaster beams go through windows and strategically bounce off walls and mirrors to hit opponents.
- Games can include an unlimited number of players. Play one-on-one, in teams, or set your blaster to “rogue” and it’s every man for himself!
- Laser X works with invisible infrared beams; No real lasers are used. While the technology behind this new product is highly-advanced, the game equipment
- Age: 6+
- MSRPs: Laser X Micro Double Set for two players: $29.99. / Laser X Micro Single Set for one player: $14.99.
- Available: www.GetLaserX.com, Walmart.