It’s almost time for kids to head back to school, but that doesn’t mean kids can’t return to the classroom with the coolest new gear and toys. Toy Insider Senior Editor Marissa DiBartolo stopped by Fox Business Channel to show off some of the hottest products of the new semester. For more on the products featured in this segment, check out the notes below, and for more on the hottest new toys of the season be sure to view our Spring and Summer Toy Guide.
iHome Over the Ear Headphones (eKids)
- Sleek and contemporary designed headphones that deliver detailed and rich audio.
- Padded and adjustable headband allow for a custom fit. The headphones also include in-line microphone compatible with most mobile phones.
- Available in Beauty and the Beast, Trolls, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Nintendo styles
- MSRP: $24.99
- Available: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon
iHome iBT29 (eKids)
- The iBT29 is a Bluetooth-enabled alarm clock with a difference, adding excitement and color to your music. Stream wireless digital audio via Bluetooth from your iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows and other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Play iPhone, iPod or other devices via aux-in jack. USB charging port. Adjustable LED cabinet color and alarm display. Reson8 speaker chamber provides great sound.
- Built-in mic, voice echo cancellation and answer and end controls make speakerphone use a pleasure.
- Works with Melody Music Assistant that allows you to use your voice to access music while on the go, no Wi-Fi required.
- MSRP: $59.99
- Available: Best Buy, Walmart, Toys “R” Us
LEGO BOOST (LEGO)
- LEGO BOOST is a supercharged building and coding set that lets kids bring their LEGO creations to life by adding sound, movement, and personality.
- Powered by a Move Hub, a LEGO stud-covered brick upon which children can add LEGO elements, motors and a sensor that combines color and distance detection, LEGO BOOST brings movement to any LEGO creation.
- The LEGO BOOST set includes instructions for five diverse models: Vernie The Robot, Frankie The Cat, the Guitar 4000, the Multi-Tool Rover 4 (M.T.R.4), and the Autobuilder, each designed to give children the basic skills to express their creativity by personalizing whatever they build.
- Ages: 7-12
- MSRP: $159.99
- Available: Aug. 1 at shop.lego.com and LEGO brand retail stores
Hatchimals Colleggtibles (Spin Master)
- Introducing Hatchimals Colleggtibles! Hold! Hatch! Play!
- These adorable Hatchimals come inside of small, speckled eggs; and they need your help to hatch!
- Hold the egg in your hands, rub the heart, and when it changes from purple to pink, you know it’s ready to hatch! Gently crack the egg to discover the Hatchimal inside! Each Hatchimal has a set of magical, glittery wings!
- With over 70 to collect in Season One – finding the ultra-rares is half the fun!
- A beautiful collector’s map introduces you to their home! With landmarks like the Giggling Tree, Lilac Lake, Fabula Forest, and more, there’s so much to explore!
- Hatchimals Colleggtibles: 1 Pack; MSRP: $2.99
- Hatchimals Colleggtibles: 2 Pack + Nest; MSRP: $4.99
- Hatchimals Colleggtibles : 4 Pack + Bonus; MSRP: $9.99
- Ages: 3+
- Available: Toys “R” Us, Target, Walmart