The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is giving young Jedis a Star Wars fix at home with virtual activities to enjoy while under COVID-19 quarantine. The line-up includes Yoda Yoga, a challenge to create an alien creature, and a behind-the-scenes look at some of the museum’s unique Star Wars collection.
Here’s a list of what to expect:
- Start the day off with Yoda Yoga in the Jedi Temple, on Facebook Live at 10 a.m. EDT on May 4. RSVP here.
- Complete family training by making DIY Yoda ears.
- Create an alien critter from a faraway galaxy.
- Bring the stars inside with a DIY constellation viewer.
- Tune in to the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Facebook page at 3 p.m. EDT on May 4 to hear from Curator Ashley Hannum about the museum’s Star Wars collection.
- Discuss life lessons learned from Star Wars and the sources in history that inspired them, such as how Shaolin monks of ancient China and Samurai knights from 12th century Japan inspired the Jedi and their lightsabers.
Families can access the Star Wars content, as well as other stay-at-home activities, on the Museum at Home webpage.
For more activities and resources for your family to do while staying safe at home, click here.