It’s time to get sketching!
Spin Master has teamed up with several iconic brands to celebrate the 60th anniversary of one of its own icons: Etch A Sketch. The company will collaborate with Hasbro‘s Monopoly brand, NASA, Rubik’s, and the estate of comic book legend Stan Lee for limited-edition and collectible Etch A Sketch drawing toys.
“The Etch A Sketch drawing toy is one of only a handful of breakthrough toys that’s popularity spans generations,” says Arlene Biran, vice president of marketing for activities and building sets at Spin Master. “It is a timeless toy that encourages creativity on a magic screen that doesn’t need Wi-Fi. Our series of limited-edition collaborations with other inspiring and imaginative classics honors 60 years of unplugged creativity.”
- Etch A Sketch Monopoly Edition: As the classic board game celebrates its 85th anniversary, kids can pass go and collect a limited-edition, Monopoly-inspired Etch A Sketch. It is available in March.
- Etch A Sketch NASA Edition: Spin Master looks to space to encourage a new generation of creative explorers with the NASA-inspired Etch A Sketch. It is available in April.
- Etch A Sketch Rubik’s Edition: Timed to Rubik’s 40th anniversary, the worlds of Etch A Sketch and Rubik’s Cube combine.
- Etch A Sketch Stan Lee Edition: Kids can marvel at the special imagery that celebrates the superhero of creativity who co-created such iconic characters as Spider-Man, Iron Man, the X-Men, and many more.
- Diamond Edition Etch A Sketch: This edition features a black frame and custom crystal knobs.
“We’re thrilled to work with the team at Spin Master to bring the Etch A Sketch Monopoly Edition to market,” says Casey Collins, general manager and senior vice president of entertainment and licensing at Hasbro. “As we honor major milestones for both brands this year, we hope fans of all ages will treasure this release for years to come.”
The limited-edition collaborations will be available throughout the year and on Etch A Sketch Day (July 12) through its official site.