Are your kids all cooped up on a snowy day? Toy Insider Senior Editor Marissa DiBartolo stopped by Better Connecticut in New Haven to show off some great winter weather toys to keep kids entertained on a snow day. For more on the items featured in this segment, check out the product notes below, and for our complete rundown of the best gifts for the holidays, check out our complete holiday gift guide.
- This amazing R/C vehicle is the master of off-road action.
- With the ability to drive in a flat or triangular position, this awesome vehicle has six inflatable tires that allow it to tackle all kinds of rugged terrain.
- Laid out flat, the sleek design allows this master of machinery to handle land, snow, and even water (yes, it is waterproof!).
- Run the vehicle with the drive wheels in front, quickly reverse both control buttons and watch the car flip! In the flat function, this car has super cool bouncing action, and when you put it into triangle mode, you can execute even more powerful bouncing and flipping action.
- Inflate the wheels and head off for some awesome adventures at speeds up to 13 mph.
- Ages: 6+
- MSRP: $74.99
- Available: Toys “R” Us
Sno-Man Kit (Ideal, a division of Alex Brands)
- Take coloring fun outdoors for everyone to see on a beautiful winter’s day. SnoMarkers are used to color and decorate snow by mixing warm water with the SnoMarker color packet (in a squeeze bottle). Shake, flip the cap, squeeze, and spray.
- SnoMarkers come with a twist off cap so you can use them more than once and a flip-up nozzle to prevent annoying leaks and spills. Rinse out the SnoMarker bottle with warm water when finished.
- Includes three SnoMarker bottles, three SnoMarker color packs, plastic top hat, plastic carrot nose, six red and six blue buttons.
- Ages: 5+
- MSRP: $24.99
- Available: Target, Walmart, AlexBrands.com
- Ride through the snow with these tandem inflatable snow tubes that come in fun, trendy designs for sledding.
- Available in different styles and sizes, like the 3-foot wide pink flamingo, 4-foot wide polar bear, 5-foot unicorn, or the 6-foot long snowman (the snowman can fit two people).
- They have comfort grip handles for rugged riding and are made out of ultra-durable PVC vinyl for a smooth cushy ride.
- They deflate for ultra-compact off-season storage.
- Ages: 8+
- MSRP: $19.99 – $29.99
- Available: Amazon, Nordstrom, Sam’s Club, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart – Different designs are exclusive to different retailers
Arctic Force Monster Snowball Slingshot (Wham-O)
- Launch snowballs incredibly far with the Monster Snowball Slinger. It holds up to three snowballs at once and has weather resistant rubber bands. Team up for a long distance combat, perfect for a team of three.
- A Vinyl target is included.
- Ages: 8+
- MSRP: $18.99
- Available: Wham-O.com
Then Marissa stepped back inside to show off some more great toys…
SnoBall Battle Pack (Zimpli Kids)
- Create your own snow for all year round snowball fights!
- The brand new SnoBall Battle Pack not only provides endless outdoor fun for children worldwide, it transforms a once seasonal experience into something that can be enjoyed all year round!
- Simply add the SnoBall Battle Pack powder to water, watch it magically transform into realistic snow that you can mold to create your very own Snowballs! Get ready for snowball fights whatever the weather!
- The SnoBall powder makes more than 60 Snowballs, which allow children to enjoy the magical experience numerous times.
- The formula is stain free, non-toxic, environmentally safe, and non irritant.
- Ages: 3+
- MSRP: $7.99
- Available: Toys “R” Us
Cra-Z-Art Original Snoopy Sno-cone Machine (Cra-Z-Art)
- This Cra-Z-Art Original Snoopy Sno-cone Machine lets you concoct sweet treats requiring only two ingredients. Add ice to the roof of Snoopy’s doghouse and turn the crank on the back to crush the cubes. Then, add an included flavor pack to the cup and chill.
- Age: 6+
- MSRP: $14.99
- Available: Amazon, Target, Toys R Us
- When it’s too cold to go outside, or when kids want to warm up, enjoy some fort fun with The AirFort!
- Inflates in seconds with the switch of an ordinary household fan (not included).
- It is 77 inches wide and 50 inches tall, and fits up to 5 kids at once.
- It does not have a floor, making for an easy entrance and exit.
- It has a viewing window so kids can see out and adults can see in. There is a mesh divider to prevent access to the fan from the inside.
- The fort is available in pink, blue, or gray.
- Age: 3-14
- MSRP: $54.99
- Available: AirFort.com