Want the inside scoop on the hottest toys of the fall? Toy Insider Mom Laurie Schacht stopped by PIX 11 in New York to show off some new toys that will be in high demand this fall. For more on the items featured in this segment, check out the product notes below, and for our complete rundown of the best gifts for the season, check out our Spring and Summer gift guide.
- Looking for a new best friend? Furreal Ricky, The Trick-Lovin’ Pup Pet is the pet for the job, eager to try new tricks with his new friend! Ricky is the ultimate BFF companion and kids will have a blast showing off all of his cool tricks to family and friends.
- Kids can help this clever pup to do fun tricks, from flipping his bone, to shaking “paws”, and even shuffling eagerly for more
- Feed him treats to reward him for his tricks, or pet his back for a job well done, but be careful…he might need a bathroom break!
- Ages: 4+
- MSRP: $129.99
- Available: Major retailers and HasbroToyShop.com
MY FRIEND FANCY NANCY (JAKKS PACIFIC)
- My Friend Fancy Nancy Doll is dressed in her signature classique outfit of fancy dress, leggings, party shoes, and tiara, which are removable for fashion play.
- At 18-inches tall and 12 points of articulation in arms and legs, Nancy is ready for any adventure your imagination creates. She also features lights and sounds. Being friends with Nancy is simply the best – because no one does fancy quite like Nancy!
- Kids can interact with Nancy, listen to her speak and sing.
- Age: 3+
- MSRP: $34.99
- Available: Target, Walmart
TREASURE X (MOOSE TOYS)
- Treasure X combines classic “you dig it” play with the trends of collectable action figures and “extreme” unboxing.
- With ten levels of discovery, opening every Treasure X package is an adventure!
- Every Treasure X pack includes a treasure map, X-Marks coin, X-Cavator digging tool, a buildable figure embedded in “stone,” and a treasure chest.
- Kids can find “bronze” treasure, “silver” treasure, a booby prize, or REAL gold-plated treasure!
- Age: 5+
- MSRP: $29.99
- Available: Amazon, Target, Walmart
KUROBA BATTLE PACK (PLAYMATES TOYS)
- The Kuroba toy line is a new way for kids to play with collectibles. It puts a twist on the classic game of “rock-paper-scissors.”
- Kids select rock, paper, or scissors, fold up the Kuroba and lock into game mode. Kids then slide two Kuroba towards each other and the winning Kuroba captures the other.
- The pack includes two transforming creatures, two creature gems, and three extra panels for mix & match play.
- Collect all 16 Kuroba, mix and match their panels to create unique Kuroba and battle against their friends to become a master Kuroba Keeper!
- Age: 6+
- MSRP: $16.99 each
- Available: Amazon, Target
CRAYOLA CRAYON MELTER (CRAYOLA)
- With the Crayola Crayon Melter, kids can create liquefied crayon designs on a variety of unique surfaces including chalk, wood, glass, canvas and more using classic Crayola crayons. Using three simple steps, kids can create amazing art in less than a minute.
- Simply, insert a crayon, plug in and start embellishing virtually any surface. The melted crayon quickly dries cool to the touch.
- The sleek, compact design is safe, easy to use and has a low-heat tip for worry-free creativity Discover a whole new way to embellish your designs with Crayola crayons.
- Age: 8+
- MSRP: $24.99
- Available: Amazon, Target, Walmart, Crayola.com
WHAT’S THAT SMELL (WOWWEE)
- It’s the party game that stinks! What’s That Smell? is the hilariously fragrant new guessing game that will throw your sense of smell into overdrive!
- Guess the scents correctly to outrank your family and friends or suffer the stinky consequences of the Whiff of Shame!
- Game includes 48 Mystery Whiff Cards, four Stank Cards & scent-barrier bags, six cardholders, Whiff Strips, scorepad, and instructions. Let the nostril flaring begin!
- The winner aka “Nose-it-All” gets to pick a player of their choice to suffer the Whiff of Shame: Three Big Whiffs of one of the four outrageously stinky Stank Cards including: Extra Old Toe Cheese, Diaper Blowout, Hot Chunky Vomit, or Smothered in B.O. !
- For added fun, capture the loser’s recoiling face in super slow motion using the ReekCam available in the free What’s That Smell app!
- Age: 14+
- MSRP: $19.99
- Available: Amazon, Target