I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. We’re in the peak of the summer heat, and ice cream is the perfect way to cool off. We know indulging in this treat can rack up quite a bill and be a bit unhealthy, but you can avoid all the unwanted calories and the long lines at the ice cream parlor if you can just make your own ice cream at home! This red, white, and blue vegan strawberry ice cream recipe is dairy-free and contains minimal sugar.
Just in time for Independence Day, this homemade strawberry ice cream has just a few simple ingredients. The red strawberries are combined with sweet, plump blueberries and a delicate balance of mini, pearly white marshmallows.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can use either the ice cream or high-speed function on your blender and skip the ice cream maker completely. Although, if you do happen to have an ice cream maker at home, go ahead and give this recipe a whirl. If you use the right blender, you’ll get a creamy consistency straight out of the blender.
Plus, depending on the consistency you prefer, you can enjoy the ice cream right away. Start with chilled and frozen ingredients, and you can’t go wrong. If you have any left over (good luck!), you can place it in a reusable, pint-sized freezer container.
This recipe is so easy that your kids will be happy to make it themselves.
You can even top your red, white, and blue strawberry ice cream with a strawberry basil topping if you want to go the extra mile. It’s the perfect accompaniment.
Red, White, and Blue Strawberry Ice Cream
Yield: 1 pint
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup heavy coconut cream
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup unsweetened macadamia nut milk
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Put the strawberries, nut milk, coconut cream, sugar, and vanilla in a high-speed blender using the ice cream setting or on high speed for about 40 seconds or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Gently fold in the marshmallows and frozen strawberries.
- That’s it! The dessert can be enjoyed immediately.
- If any ice cream remains, freeze it.