It’s not too soon to start thinking about the holiday toy season. Toy Insider Senior Editor Marissa DiBartolo stopped by LittleThings’ The Daily Glow to show off some great toys that are sure to be holiday hits. For more on the products featured in this segment, check out the notes below, and for more on the hottest new toys of the season be sure to view our Spring and Summer Toy Guide.
Watch Ya Mouth Throwdown (Buffalo Games)
- Watch Ya’ Mouth Throwdown is a mouthguard party game that pits you against your friends in a head-to-head competition of skill and audacity.
- This game goes beyond simply attempting to read and interpret phrases, and encourages players to compete in more than 100 unique challenges to perform while hampered by cheek retractors.
- Roll the challenger dice to determine who your opponent is, draw a challenge card from the deck, and follow the instructions.
- Age: 8+
- MSRP: $24.99
- Available: Amazon, Target, Toys “R” Us, Meijer
Teddy Ruxpin (Wicked Cool Toys)
- The iconic, best-selling toy from the 1980s, who remains as one of history’s most successful, trusted and cherished children’s entertainment properties, is making a huge comeback for Fall 2017!
- The new soft and cuddly 14-inch Teddy Ruxpin will have the core features and play patterns that parents and grandparents fondly remember, and will still read stories to children with a motorized mouth.
- However, in this new version, fans of all ages will benefit from Bluetooth technology, LCD eyes with over 40 animated expressions that are synched to the stories, and touch sensors in the hands and vest that allow the child to start, pause and fast-forward through stories and songs.
- Teddy will include three built-in stories with seven additional stories available for purchase through the free app.
- Ages: 3+
- MSRP: $99.99
- Available: Fall 2017
Luvabella (Spin Master)
- Luvabella affectionately responds to love, just like a real baby with an expressive face and lifelike movements.
- Tickle her tummy or toes and she will giggle in delight. Cover her eyes and she will play a game of peek-a-boo. Luvabella can even be soothed with her pacifier when she gets fussy. Her beautiful expressive face is the first of it’s kind, leading to the most authentic movement and emotions.
- Kids can teach her over 100+ words and phrases and she will even learn her kids favorite actions! Luvabella’s included interactive accessories allow for the most natural nurturing play. Feed her with her spoon and she will begin to chew and learn new food words. Give Luvabella her Lamby toy and she’ll start to play, even giving it a kiss.
- Comes in three varieties – Blonde, Brunette, African American
- Age: 3+
- MSRP: $99.99
- Available: October 2017 at Amazon, Target, Walmart, Toys “R” Us
LEGO BOOST (LEGO)
- LEGO BOOST is a supercharged building and coding set that lets kids bring their LEGO creations to life by adding sound, movement, and personality.
- Powered by a Move Hub, a LEGO stud-covered brick upon which children can add LEGO elements, motors and a sensor that combines color and distance detection, LEGO BOOST brings movement to any LEGO creation.
- The LEGO BOOST set includes instructions for five diverse models: Vernie The Robot, Frankie The Cat, the Guitar 4000, the Multi-Tool Rover 4 (M.T.R.4), and the Autobuilder, each designed to give children the basic skills to express their creativity by personalizing whatever they build.
- Ages: 7-12
- MSRP: $159.99
- Available: Aug. 1 at shop.lego.com and LEGO brand retail stores
Aura (KD Interactive)
- Aura is a gesture-controlled drone that uses patented Gesturebotics™ technology powered by LocoRobo.
- The wearable glove controller will have kids feeling like superheroes – the flying robot is controlled by hand motions made inside the glove that will have Aura rolling on the floor, climbing the walls and even flying around the room.
- Its rolling cage protects the robot from crashing, offering fun and safe play. Previously only used in military applications, this gesture technology disrupts the drone market and turns the traditional RC controller on its head.
- Aura puts the power in kids’ hands, removing the learning curve of using a joystick controller to pilot their flying robot.
- Ages: 7+
- MSRP: $99.99
- Available: Fall 2017 at Target, Toys “R” Us, Best Buy
- An accessory that transforms your hoverboard into a seated three-wheeled vehicle that is stable, maneuverable, and even more fun!
- Enhances the balancing technology of hoverboards to accelerate, brake, turn and wherever you go!
- Push the handlebars forward to accelerate, pull back to brake, and pull further back to go backwards. To turn, just pull back on one handlebar and push forward on the other.
- Once assembled, the Neon Kart’s Velcro and elastic straps makes it so easy to attach and detach to your hoverboard.
- It’s fully adjustable too! The seat, handlebar angle and the frame can all be re-adjusted to fit your needs so everyone can take it out for a spin!
- Ages 7+
- MSRP $99.99
- Available: Amazon, Toys “R” Us