The cool weather is coming, and the excitement of fall fun is fast approaching. It’s time to go apple picking and enjoy the crisp taste of yummy apples! (In fact, you might want to try fellow this baked apple recipe or these math activities that use apples!) In addition to munching on fresh apples, how about adding a little decoration to the top of your pencil with these apple pencil toppers?
Making these apple pencil toppers is a fun and easy craft that kids will be able to make and use or give to friends.
- Free apple template
- Felt (You can use red, green, and yellow, and I used a bit of brown for a stem.)
- Goggle eyes
- Glue or a hot glue gun
- Take the felt and fold it in half.
- Trace the apple template onto the felt.
- Cut out the apple shape.
- Cut a small stem out of brown (optional).
- Take both pieces of the apple and put the side with the marker marks on the inside.
- Use the glue on each side of the apple. Be sure to have left enough space for the pencil to slide through.
- Put the two apples together.
- Add your google eyes using glue.
- Give your apple some personality, such as a smile using a marker.
- Slide your pencil through the center! Violá!
My kids just love having one of these on their pencils. My daughter loves how easily her pencil is to spot on her desk. It’s a fun decoration that makes writing a little more fun for them and gets us in the fall mode and ready for apple picking. Make sure you also check out these apple-picking tips.
Do you have any fun fall plans?