Archive for the ‘Featured Content’ Category
Adventure Publishing, Inc., publisher of the TOY BOOK is excited to share with Consumers the seventh annual TOY INSIDER, featuring the hottest toys and gifts for the holiday season.
The TOY INSIDER features expert toy and gift recommendations at all price points, making it easy for parents and grandparents to find the perfect holiday gift for every children on their list. The website consist of over 120 recommendations in a convenient and user-friendly guide. The TOY INSIDER includes gifts ideas for kids of all ages broken down by age group (0-2 years old, 3-5 years old, 6-8 years old and 9-plus) Each section features a description of the developmental needs and interests for that specific age group to assist busy parents and grandparents in finding the perfect and age appropriate gifts.
To see our holiday 2012 selections, visit the home page www.thetoyinsider.com and click on the appropriate age icon on the right hand side. These will take you to great selections toys and gifts for the holidays
The Toy Insider Staff
AND ON NEWSSTANDS IN THE NOVEMBER ISSUE OF WOMAN’S DAY MAGAZINE
Annual Consumer Guide Offers Expert Toy and Gift
Recommendations for the Holiday Season
New York, NY (October 16, 2012) – The Toy Insider, an annual consumer holiday toy guide designed to help readers get a head start on their holiday shopping, is now available both online at www.thetoyinsider.com and on newsstands as a special supplement in the November issue of Woman’s Day magazine, reaching more than 21 million readers in the U.S. Published by Adventure Publishing Group, Inc, the Toy Insider features the hottest holiday toys and gifts for children of all ages and is the essential holiday toy guide for shoppers nationwide.
“We’ve spent the past year testing thousands of toys to find the ones that offer the best play value for all ages,” said Laurie Schacht, the TOY INSIDER MOM and co-publisher of the Toy Insider. “The wide variety of choices allows parents to find great gifts that match their children’s interests, while also satisfying budget-conscious shoppers as most toys on our list cost less than $50.”
Jam-packed with more than 100 toy recommendations, the Toy Insider is a convenient and user-friendly guide. Each section – Hot 20, 0-2 years old, 3-5 years old, 6-8 years old and 9+ years old – includes a description of the developmental needs and interests for that specific age group to help readers find the perfect gift. A toy skill key on the Hot 20 page provides a list of icons matched to each toy, offering even greater assistance with age-appropriate gift giving.
The Toy Insider website (www.thetoyinsider.com) features detailed descriptions of more than 130 toys, as well as direct click-through links to most manufacturer websites, which will stay live throughout the holiday season. Consumers also have the opportunity to sign on for a Sweepstakes to WIN a ROOM FULL OF TOYS for the holidays by visiting the www.thetoyinsider.com website.
“Searching for the perfect holiday gifts can be a time consuming task, so we’re excited to make this year’s shopping season easier for busy Woman’s Day readers,” says Ginger Sutton, VP/Publisher & Chief Revenue Officer at WOMAN’s DAY. “The Toy Insider contains great gift ideas in a number of price ranges, making sure everyone can find something special that fits within their budget.”
For more information on the Toy Insider, please visit www.thetoyinsider.com.
About the Toy Insider:
The Toy Insider is THE SOURCE for the hottest toys and gifts for the holidays. Now in its sixth year, the Toy Insider is an annual guide featuring toy and gift recommendations broken down by age categories. The 2012 guide is jam-packed with 110 toy recommendations from more than 80 different manufacturers, each of which were carefully selected by a team of experts with years of experience in the toy industry. The Toy Insider is published by Adventure Publishing, publisher of leading industry trades The Toy Book and The Licensing Book.
Please contact Karen Pineman at 917-453-6887 or email email@example.com for any inquiries, image and interview requests.
Laurie Schacht, The Toy Insider Mom, visited The Today Show to showcase toys made in America.
Schools all over are getting ready for their Easter/Passover break. Many families plan on traveling to relatives houses and for mini get aways with the kids. If you have an upcoming trip with the little ones, our Toy Insider Mom, Laurie Schacht, visited with ABC Money Matters to giver her suggestions for travel toys this spring!
Hello Kitty Small Case Ice Cream Palor or Pool Party (Mega Bloks)
- Portable cases to create and decorate on the go!
- Have Hello Kitty make some yummy ice cream for her and her friends or help her throw them a fun pool party for all to enjoy!
- All pieces included fit perfectly inside the cute cases and are easy to transport with the carrying handle!
LEGO® Star Wars™ ZipBin® Small Millennium Falcon™ Minifigure Case (Neat-oh!)
- This Millenium Falcon shaped case is home for 23 LEGO Star Wars Minifigures, each in their own pocket.
- The detailed artwork creates an awesome play experience and playmat on the inside and outside of the case!
- Race through space and dodge the pursuing Tie Fighters, all while keeping your figurines neatly tucked away.
- Weighs less than half a pound and wipes clean with a damp cloth.
LEGO Star Wars Mini Figures (Lego)
Ages: 6 to 12
MSRP: $12.99 for Star Wars Endor Rebel Trooper & Imperial Trooper
- The Star Wars line has sold in excess of 200 million boxes worldwide since its 1999 launch.
- More than 340 LEGO Star Wars models have been developed, replicating iconic scenes and starships, as well as more than – - 425 minifigures from the Star Wars universe.
- Sets depict everything from the feature film Saga to the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
* These mini figures are not sold separately, but part of larger sets.
DIZZY DANCERS Assortment (HASBRO)
Ages: 4 & up
- Take a spin with DIZZY DANCERS pets, a playful assortment of twirling, spinning animals
- Simply pull the included dizzy cord to set these pets in motion and watch as they spin and dance wherever you place them.
- Each DIZZY DANCERS pet comes with a spinning base, dizzy cord and a twistin’ tricks card that challenges girls to complete cool tricks with their pets. Girls can collect more than 50 DIZZY DANCERS characters this year, and interchange the top and bottom of any pet to create a custom DIZZY DANCERS collection of her own.
My First Crayola Dry Erase Activity Mat (Crayola)
Age: 24 mo. and up
- Perfect for colorful on-the-go creativity, the My First Crayola Dry-Erase Activity Mat features 12 activities that slip into place in the map so little ones can draw, erase and draw again with Crayola Washable Triangular Dry-Erase Crayons.
- The crayons’ triangular shape guides little fingers into a “tripod” or writing grip.
- The mat folds up easily and features carrying handles and built-in storage for convenience and portability.
- The fun is endless, as the dry-erase colors cleanly and easily wipe off the mat.
- Includes a portable activity mat, 12 reusable activity sheets, 4 Washable Triangular Dry-Erase Crayons and an erasing cloth
PLAY-AWAY PUPPETS (Demdenco)
- Kids can play the day away with Nat & Jules’ new line of Play-Away Puppets!
- Made of super soft plush, the Play-Away Puppets are available as eight different animals, so kids can put on a show with the entire cast of friendly animals.
- Styles available include: Gunda (Giraffe), Griff (Lion), Bingley (Monkey), Elma (Elephant), Colbie (Pig), Graizey (Cow), Horace (Horse), Vert (Frog). Surface washable.
Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activision)
MSRP: $7.99 each
- Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure is a boldly innovative adventure game and collectible play experience that allows you to “Bring Your Toys to Life.”
- Through a revolutionary use of technology players can collect real-world toys and transport them directly into the game using a mystical Portal of Power – a magical gateway between our world and the Skylands that allows players to bring their toys to life by teleporting them directly into the game.
- The additional cost of a new toy offers new content and play experiences on the consoles, the web, 3DS and soon on mobile devices – providing families with hours of additional entertainment in the virtual worlds, as well as in the real world.
- The game’s innovative online and offline play experience can spark kids’ imaginations in ways that neither a toy or video game alone can do.
Ryan Oakes Magic Sets (Poof Slinky)
- So easy to travel with with these travel size boxes
- Each has 15 magic tricks
- Keeps your little magicians busy and engaged
Nuzzles Alice Bunny (Gund)
- This is the plush that hugs you back.
- This soft bunny with the extra large head (and cute bunny teeth!) is designed to lay gently and comfortably against your neck and cheek.
- A great addition to any child’s bedroom or playroom, Alice also offers a soft place to lay your head on longer car or plane rides, or while you’re watching TV!
Furry Couture (Douglas Company)
- Meet Rachel Chihuahua who is crazy hot in regal purple cheetah print outlined in sheer purple ruffles that are trimmed in satin. And elegant in hot pink cheetah print is Kira Shih-Tzu.
- Each animal print Furry Couture bag wears a full feather boa around the animal’s neck for an extra touch of glam.
- Great for little girls to carry their most important items on the road with them
Goodnight Moon Bunny™ (Zoobies)
Ages: 3+ (safety tested for all ages)
- The polite and refined little bunny is the perfect cuddle buddy.
- From his cute rabbit ears to his soft, striped pajamas, Goodnight Moon is too adorable.
- This is a plush toy and it’s also a pillow with a printed cozy coral fleece blanket zipped inside.
- 100% polyester and easy to wash.
- Blanket unzips to machine wash and spot was the plush
LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet (LeapFrog)
- LeapFrog will continue to be a “must have” item in 2012 thanks to its growing content library of educational entertainment offerings.
- Educational and fun, comes built in with 4 apps
- New Self-paced Ultra eBooks such as the new Disney Princess Cinderella and LeapSchool: How Not to Clean Your Room are unique because kids read at their own pace with auto adjust for reading levels, have on-demand phonics help and comprehension activities
- Disney Cinderella has kids playing games and learning activities as they help her get ready for the ball which comes in cartridge and app form
The Little Tikes Bubble Camera (Imperial Toys)
– This is a great way for young photographers to enjoy hours of picture snapping fun while creating tons of magical bubbles!
- The Little Tikes Bubble Camera blows tons of bubbles out of the lenses
includes an easy grip handle and activator made especially for small hands.
- The Little Tikes Bubble Camera encourages active play, imagination, and love for the arts while mimicking mommy and daddy with their cameras!
- Includes Super Miracle Bubbles Premium Plus Solution in 100% recyclable bottle.