I can not wait for the weather to warm up a bit so that I can get the kids outside for fresh air and outdoor play. We all need it after the winter we’ve had! I have been stocking up on our outdoor toys so that there are no excuses and they won’t get bored.
1. Jungle Croquet: An indoor/outdoor croquet set from Alex Toys with jungle animals that are ready to play. These wacky wickets are made of real wood. Great for hand/eye coordination. Includes 4 mallets, 4 balls and 6 stakes.
2. Ring Stix: RingStix is a new game that is easy to learn and you can play it alone, by two persons or in a group. RingStix is played by two players passing the ring back and forth using two sticks per player. To launch the ring place both sticks through the ring, pull the sticks quickly apart causing the ring to launch. The ring will spin toward the other player.
3. Top Toss Lawn Game: This is great for parties AND when the neighborhood kids want to get together. Players take turns trying to wrap the bolo balls around the rungs to score points. The steel frame is portable, durable, and easy to set up. Comes with storage bag and instructions from Poof Slinky.
4. Activity Cones: Grab a stack of these sturdy plastic cones from Melissa and Doug and head outside to play! Four different colors and two textures make every cone unique, so they’re great for traditional outdoor games and so much more.
5. UnbelievaBubble: What kid doesn’t love playing with bubbles? Uncle Bubble has a reputation for launching products that forever shake-up the Bubble Play Industry. The UNBELIEVA BUBBLE wand makes giant bubbles that will blow kids away!
6. Max Boom Sport Pack: Having a variety of sports balls is a must! This three-ball set , from Poof-Slinky, has a 8-inch football, a 6-inch basketball, and a soccer ball. All of the balls are made of soft, safe foam in fun colors and designs. Kicking, tossing, or slamming brings out the signature BOOM! Kids ages 5 and up will love it.
7. Ready, Set, Stilts!: Learn to walk on stilts from Alex Toys! Two easy steps: 1- Learn to balance with big foot trainers; 2- Replace the trainers with no-skid caps and step up to stilt walking. So fun, kids won’t even realize their improving their balance and coordination!
8. Sidewalk Mandala – Sweet Stuff: Take it outside for big outdoor sidewalk fun! Create beautiful mandala designs in chalk. Intricate patterns are easy to create with the Sidewalk Sweet Stuff Mandala stencil. Stencil folds for easy storage and travel.
Stephanie is a member of the 2013-2014 Toy Insider Parent Advisory Board. She is also a blogger at A Grande Life. You can follow her on Twitter at @thestephglover!