Experience the fast-paced thrills of air hockey on your iPad with Pressman Toy‘s iPieces Air Hockey. Dowload the free app and hit the animated hockey puck with the iPieces strikers. Represent a country of your choice to compete in a variety of fun and exciting tournaments. Other games also available.
Posts Tagged ‘ipieces’
The biggest trend we are seeing with toys right now is the use of technology in them, with them, and controlling them. Whether it’s driving, or flying, augmented reality, games for all ages, or tablets for the family, these toys are aging up, keeping “kids” in the game longer, and are using what’s already in kids (and adults) hands..their smart devices. This is the beginning of an entirely new generation of how we play.
Today, our Toy Insider Mom visited with the Today Show to give a the scoop on this hot new toy trend.
Porsche and Enzo Ferrari (Silverlit)
- This R/C Car designed to run using the power of your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad as the remote control. The Bluetooth connection requires NO other attachments.
- Full gesture control allows you to control the car with the tilt of the controller.
- The app recreates the dashboard design from Porsche.
- Headlights, tail lights, signal lights are triggered from the app.
Wi-Spi Helicopter (Interactive Toy Concepts)
- Live Video Feed direct to device
- 3 channel Wi-Fi Flight Control
- Apple/Android compatible
- Record Video and pictures while in flights
- Upload instantly to FB, You Tube, email, etc.
HELO TC Assault (Griffin Technology)
- Plug the included Flight Deck module into the headphone jack of any iOS or Android device, download the HELO TC Assault app, and users are ready to fly and attack from the sky.
- Flight Deck translates commands from phone into infrared signals that beam to the helicopter
- Fly and attack, this heli is equipped with six live-fire missiles
- App also provides features not available with other RC helicopters, such as Auto Land
- Fly in one of two ways, Touch Control (using a virtual joystick on the touchscreen display) or Tilt to Steer (tilting the smartphone to maneuver the chopper)
- Similar to the original HELO TC, features a twin-rotor design and ability to record up to three flight plans for easy repetition
zAPPed Games (Hasbro)
2 to 4 players
MSRP: $24.99 (THE GAME OF LIFE available now…other games in fall)
- zAPPed games are available for THE GAME OF LIFE, MONOPOLY and BATTLESHIP.
- Elements of these games will come to life when apps on iOS devices join with a game board to create a unique social twist on the digital gaming experience.
- The first game available is THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed,
- With more than 100 laugh-out-loud clips from “America’s Funniest Videos” mixed with humorous animations, the game provides a new spin on the beloved classic game.
- Simply download the THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed app onto the iPad, cue up the game, place the iPad on the game board, and watch as game comes to life on each turn as you travel around the game board.
- Players can create and upgrade their own Peg Person and spin THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed virtual spinner in the accompanying iPad app.
iPieces (Pressman Toy)
Compatible with iPad
For 2 to 4 players
MSRP: $9.99 each
- iPieces introduces a new generation of board games for the whole family, played with physical game pieces made specially for the iPad
- Buy the iPieces for the game you’d like to play and then download the corresponding iPieces app for free from the App store.
- Your iPad serves as the game board and iPieces game pieces activate astonishing animations and special effects, which literally bring the game to life.
- Assortment includes: Fishing Game, Air Hockey, Snakes & Ladders, and Game of Goose
Kurio7 (Techno Source)
Ages 4 to 14, and fun for the whole family
MSRP: $199 (8” and 10” models also available)
- Kids today want real tablets like mom and dad’s, not toy versions; but, parents are often hesitant to hand theirs over because they are expensive and they have unrestricted access to online content
- Kurio7 is a real Android tablet for families that offers parents a more affordable kid-tough option and complete parental control; everything from internet access and time control, to app access and purchasing control.
- Parents can create up to 8 different user profiles, including their own offering complete online access, and customize profiles for each child allowing access to age appropriate content—as the child gets older, they can allow for more access
- The Kurio app store will launch with 4,000 Android Market apps approved for children under the age of 14. The apps will have no in-game advertising or micro-transactions. Kurio7 will also come pre-loaded with 3 to 5 well-known apps (TBD).
- Includes a durable protective shell.